Everyone who works at height may be faced with a colleague who has fallen and is hanging helplessly in his fall protection system. The Co-Worker Rescue at Height (CWRH) course teaches participants to deal with that situation. Using simple techniques and industry standard equipment, you will learn how you can free a colleague from a dangerous situation after they have dropped into their fall arrest system.
The rapid release of this trapped person must be your highest priority, to prevent further injury. In accordance with the law on working conditions and the consequent duty of care, an employer is required to prepare employees for this possible scenario. Generally, with a few simple tools, this problem can easy be solved.
Course content includes:
- Legislation and standards
- Rescuer safety and survival
- General hazards
- Medical considerations
- Risk assessment when doing a partner rescue at height
- Personal and team equipment
- Basic rescue procedures
- Setting anchor systems for rescue
- Placing rope protection
- Connecting a casualty on a line using a telescopic pole
- Lifting a casualty using a pre-installed device
- Lowering a casualty
- Individual pick-off using a pre-installed device
- Suspension trauma procedures
- You must be capable of independently working safely with fall protection equipment.
- Minimum age: 18
Certified by: Rescue 3 Europe
Qualification valid for: 3 years